Family Law Cases
The term “Family Law” refers to a broad area of law that covers legal issues arising out of family relationships. These are civil matters which oftentimes touch other areas of law. Kay Family Law PLLC is experienced in collaborating with attorneys practicing other areas of law when cases have had intersecting issues including: guardianship, immigration, criminal, and education.
Here are some common Florida family law cases. It’s not an exhaustive list by any means. Kay Family Law PLLC handles all types of Family Law cases:
- Dissolution Of Marriage (Aka Divorce)
- Parentage (Aka Paternity) (Unmarried Parents)
- Parenting Plan (Aka Custody / Visitation)
- Child Support
- Enforcement / Contempt
- Registration Of Foreign Order
- Step-parent & Relative Adoption
- Premarital (Prenuptial) Agreements
- Post-marital (Post-nuptial) Agreements
- Alimony (Aka Spousal Support / Maintenance)
- Equitable Distribution (Asset / Debt Division)
- Support Unconnected With Dissolution
- Concurrent Custody (Custody By Family Member)
- Injunctions (Domestic Violence, Cyber Stalking, Etc.)
- UCCJEA / UIFSA Cases
- Out-of-State And International Cases
Hague Convention On International Child Abduction & Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act (PKPA) Cases
The Hague Convention of 25 October 1980 on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction was created to secure the return of a child return of wrongfully removed to or wrongfully detained in another country.
Kay Family Law PLLC is experienced in helping parents whose children have been wrongfully removed to or detained in Florida.
Helping Out Of State Attorneys & Litigants
Kay Family Law PLLC is available to help out of state attorneys and litigants with their Florida Family Law related matters. This includes out of state discovery, registration of foreign support orders, UCCJEA (uniform child custody jurisdiction enforcement act) cases, UIFSA (uniform interstate family support act) cases, and more.
Each family is unique. The uniqueness is even more evidence when one or more of the children have a special need or disability of some kind. Kay Family Law PLLC proudly assists families of children with special needs with their family law case, educational needs, and more.
Why Is A Family Law Case Involving A Special Needs Child Different?
- Child Support That Goes Past The Child’s 18th Birthday
- Division Of Special Education Attorney Or Family Educational Advocate Costs
- Transportation Of Child To/from Therapy And Other Appointments
- Co-parenting Impasses Involving Special Needs Treatments And Diagnoses
- Division Of Large Out-of-pocket Medical, Therapeutic, And Other Costs Not
- Covered By Insurance
- Special Needs Trusts
- Medicaid And Social Security Considerations
- Specialized Training Requirements For Child Care Providers
- Guardianship For The Child
What Is Special Needs Law?
Special needs law involves civil legal matters arising out of a person having a disability that impacts his/her major life activities. Types of special needs legal services that Kay Family Law PLLC provides include:
- Special Education Consultation
- Attendance At School-related Meetings
- Office Of Civil Rights Complaints
- Due Process Hearings
- And More!